The Application Support Officer will form part of our ICT Department and is responsible for installing, troubleshooting, testing and providing support on the company's financial applications.
As an Application Support Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for various application server setups, maintenance and troubleshooting;
- Responsible of Applications’ end of day process;
- Responsible of Applications’ user profile creation and review;
- Coordinating application and mobile applications deployments with suppliers;
- Building test cases and performing testing on different application systems;
- Supporting roll-outs of new applications and mobile applications;
- Identify recurring application issues and ensuring a permanent solution;
- Communicating with end users, providing end user support and education;
- Prioritising and managing multiple open cases at one time;
- Documenting new setups and procedures;
- Undergoing staff training as required by the bank;
- Responsible for application server failovers even during out of office hours;
- Supporting the Infrastructure Team during certain out of office hours.
Skills and Capabilities Required
- Bachelor's degree/ Diploma in IT or IT certifications;
- A minimum one year’s experience in a similar role;
- Experience in application testing and building test cases;
- A strong command of the English language;
- Experience in SWIFT client setups and support would be preferred;
- Experience in a Financial institution would be preferred.
Considered as an asset:
- Good trouble shooting, capable of analysing a problem and finding a long-term working solution;
- Excellent time management, task planning and prioritising;
- Scripting in SQL would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Therefore, JIRA or Zendesk administration would be considered an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.