Compliance Executive (Internal) - Malta
Job ID: 5597
Job description: br> Our client is looking for a Compliance Officer to join the Internal Compliance Team working mainly on Compliance, AML and CFT.
- Undertaking customer onboarding due diligence and overseeing ongoing monitoring of transactions.
- Providing internal support to the entities within the Group in the development of procedures and the application of those procedures, including the provision of guidance and advice.
- Assisting the Group MLRO in the fulfilment of the relevant AML/CFT obligations, including the collection of information in respect of suspicious transactions.
- Reviewing customer files and updating of information.
- Carrying out searches and screening.
- Communication with customers to update customer due diligence.
- Carrying out customer risk assessments.
- Assisting with the periodical reporting to competent authorities.
- Where required, carrying out customer due diligence for the clients of the Group and participating in off-site projects undertaken at clients of the Group.
- Provide support and assistance in the internal coordination of regulatory examinations.
- Assistance in the development and management of systems adopted by the department, ensuring their effectiveness and efficiency.
- AML/CFT training to employees of the Group, associated firms, and clients of the Group.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an AML/CFT role.
- A university degree or equivalent qualification in a related field.
- Sound working knowledge of the laws governing the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta, the FIAU Implementing Procedures, the relevant EU legislation, and the international standards.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Work with minimal supervision, to be able to prioritise and deliver quality work within tight time frames.