CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT - Malta
Job ID: 4412
Job description: br>
Summary of the position;
Our client international wealth management, legal, fiduciary and business services to both corporate and private clients, particularly family and owner-managed businesses. They devise and implement strategies and solutions for the creation, preservation and management of their clients’ wealth and commercial success. It has operated internationally for more than forty years and serves a client base throughout Europe and other parts of the world, including blue-chip organisations and multinationals, as well as high net worth individuals and families. An opportunity has arisen for a Client Accountant to join their Malta office.
Summary of the position;
The successful applicant will work as part of an international Client accounting services team and will deal with the day-to-day duties of accounting services to clients ensuring that an effective and efficient service is delivered.
- Provide bookkeeping, client accounting and other services to an allocated client portfolio of trusts and companies.
- Prepare VAT returns, payroll calculations and related paperwork
- Processing client payments
- Prepare management accounts and statutory annual accounts in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Applying standard procedures to facilitate the rendering of quality services to clients in a consistent, effective and efficient manner and exercising quality control to ensure that all accounting conforms to set standards.
- Ensure that client accounting files are organised and complete.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with clients and with other third parties (e.g. auditors, tax representatives etc.).
- Record all time spent accurately to facilitate invoicing and internal reporting.
- Provide assistance with various projects as required.
- Contribute to the achievement of the team’s Key Performance indicators.
- Identify and contribute to the mitigation of risks.
- Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as required.
- Be a qualified Accountant / ACCA
- Have 2-3 years relevant work experience, ideally within the financial services industry.
- Experience in IFRS & GAPSE financial statements will be beneficial.
- Be fluent in English and have strong writing skills in English language.
- Be computer literate with good knowledge of all MS Office packages.
- Be highly organised with a systematic work method.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines is a prerequisite.
- Be Pro-active, motivated and flexible; willing to take tasks on and help out where required.
The Client Accountant will report to the Head of Office based in Malta and will work as part an international team of Corporate Client Accountants. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate effectively with colleagues working in company offices in other jurisdictions.
Should you be interested in the above position, kindly forward a copy of your updated CV in English to Nuria de la Fuente on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 00351 938239214 (call and WhatsApp).